Cloud Operations Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will work on delivering our on-premise cloud platform. You will help to build and support this private cloud platform and help drive its adoption and expansion while also collaborating with Linux engineers, developers, security and other infrastructure teams.
There is a large focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, and using CI tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery and working hard to embed a continuous improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the on-premise cloud platforms
- Ensuring workloads running on the private cloud platform are deployed optimally
- Server infrastructure and platform upgrades
- Performance monitoring and alerting
- Capacity planning to ensure seamless scale-out without impacting services
- Security monitoring and reviews of the cloud platforms
- Assisting Senior Engineers with project work
You will be part of an exciting and challenging work environment, working with some of the best Engineers in the industry, and will benefit from investment in technology, training, conference attendance, career development and cross-team growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience with OpenStack and Ceph, and/or Nutanix, VMware, ESX and vSAN.
Additionally, experience/skills involving the following would be beneficial:
- Ansible and/or Terraform
- Scripting or programming languages. Python is preferred, but capability in any high-level language is acceptable
- CI/CD and/or VCS tools (e.g. Jenkins, Github)
- Linux, Windows, DNS, TCP/IP
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply