G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As an OpenStack Engineer, you will work on delivering the on-premise cloud platform powered by OpenStack. You will help to design, build and support this new private cloud platform, and help drive its adoption and expansion while also collaborating with Linux engineers, developers, security and other infrastructure teams.
There is a large focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, and using CI tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery and working hard to embed a continuous improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, deploy and maintain highly scalable and secure OpenStack and Ceph platforms
- Ensure workloads running on the private cloud platform are deployed optimally
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements to the OpenStack platform
- Ensure the OpenStack and Ceph platforms are configured and maintained from code
- Contribute to the upstream OpenStack open source project
- Performance diagnostics and tuning of the entire stack
- Evaluate new OpenStack projects and propose additions and enhancements
- Capacity planning to ensure seamless scale-out without impacting services
- Security-hardening the OpenStack platform and supporting systems
- Providing OpenStack platform support
You will be part of an exciting and challenging work environment, working with some of the best engineers in the industry, and will benefit from investment in technology, training, conference attendance, career development and cross-team growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background in running and maintaining large production OpenStack platforms
- Experience of upgrading large production OpenStack platforms
- Terraform and Ansible experience
- Experience deploying and running large Ceph installations
- Good Linux experience
- Coding/scripting ability, ideally Python
- Exposure to network administration
- Knowledge of CI/CD and/or VCS tools (e.g. Jenkins, Github)
- Knowledge of container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply