G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is growing rapidly and we are mid-way through a transformation programme to deliver a world-class finance function. As part of this programme, there is now a need for a new Finance Analyst to join the Finance Planning and Analysis team to support a range of key activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Financial planning and analysis across the company, including delivering the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process, the three year strategic planning process, and preparing month-end reporting and analysis for the Executive Management Team
- Management accounting, working closely with our financial systems and financial operations teams to ensure a high level of data quality across P&L, balance sheets and cash-flow
- Using this data to develop and deliver effective trend and ratio analysis, alongside the month-end reporting
- Cost allocations and recharges, including: running and analysing a cost allocation model to enable us to understand the impact of the decisions we are making and support enterprise performance management; the allocation of timesheet-related costs through the translation of time-bookings into financial values; generating and analysing intercompany recharges
- Project work, such as planned and ad hoc involvement in the roll-out of new systems and the development/enhancement of new and existing processes
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have strong financial and commercial acumen and at least three years’ experience centred on the areas listed above.
There is a focus on using data to drive insight and decision-making throughout our work. The role will therefore suit people who enjoy working with data and underlying data infrastructure, whilst also being able to translate and present these concepts in a simple and engaging manner to a wide variety of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CIMA/ICAEW or equivalent accounting qualification
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Alteryx and Tableau (highly desirable)
- Strong data analytics and presentation skills
- Experience of MS Dynamics 365 would be an advantage
- High degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Independent problem-solving skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply