Senior Finance Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is growing rapidly and we are mid-way through a transformation programme to deliver a world-class finance function. As part of this programme, there is now a need for a new Senior Finance Analyst to join the Finance Planning and Analysis team as an Engineering Business Partner and Investment Appraisal specialist.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Business partnering with Engineering, working directly with teams to support decision-making using financial information and data analytics. You’ll be providing budget, reporting, and operations support – ultimately aiming to act as a trusted advisor and primary Finance stakeholder to the Head, Deputy Heads and Team Leads of Engineering
- Investment appraisal, building and evaluating business cases for complex and strategic investment opportunities spanning a 3-5 year time horizon. You will also be required to prepare linked presentation materials to support executive decision-making
- Financial planning and analysis, getting involved (from a business partnering perspective) in annual budgeting, the quarterly reforecasting process, and the three year strategic planning process, providing variance analysis for the Executive Management Team month-end summary
Who are we looking for?
You will have strong financial and commercial acumen and at least five years’ experience focused around the areas listed above, especially time spent working as an Engineering finance business partner and with investment appraisals.
There is a focus on using data to drive insight and decision-making throughout our work. The role will therefore suit people who enjoy working with data and underlying data infrastructure, whilst also being able to translate and present these concepts in a simple and engaging manner to a wide variety of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CIMA/ICAEW or equivalent qualification
- Experience working as a finance business partner for an Engineering function, understanding its cost drivers and challenges
- Demonstrable experience working with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience working with investment appraisal techniques and presentation of business cases at both a project level and corporate strategic level
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong data analytics and presentation skills
- Experience of MS Dynamics 365, Alteryx, Tableau would be an advantage
- High degree of integrity, able to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Independent problem-solving skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply