G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
You will join our Legal team, whose principal function is to provide comprehensive commercial legal advice to the wider business, ensuring the delivery of efficient, effective and commercially minded legal solutions.
We deal with a wide and interesting variety of legal issues arising from the use of innovative technologies, including open source community engagement, complex data licensing arrangements and bespoke network infrastructure.We solve challenging legal problems every day and this role provides an exciting opportunity to marry complex legal theory with commercial reality.
You will work alongside an experienced and motivated team and have a direct reporting line to the Senior Legal Counsel responsible for commercial matters.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a strong grounding in commercial law, with the right mindset to be able to apply those principles in practice to everyday issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NQ-3 years’ post qualification experience as a solicitor in England and/or Wales
- Direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies, and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style
- Excellent academics, including a minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
- An interest in technology and experience in any of the following would be considered advantageous: data licensing, software licensing, network infrastructure/telecoms, cybersecurity and GDPR
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive hourly rate of pay
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply