Quant Platform Operations Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Quant Platform Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for testing, releasing and supporting applications that are core to the company.
This multi-faceted remit also involves analysing trading algorithms and verifying that they behave as expected before they trade in the real world. This role also has the potential to focus on working to improve and automate these processes in the future.
As an Operations Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with Researchers, Developers and Engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Support the live trading side platform
- Maintain our test environments and monitor test outcomes in order to release upgrades
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform used for running various modelling and forecasting jobs
- Write new (and maintain existing) tooling written by the team
The role provides freedom to explore and present new solutions to our key areas, while ensuring core business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
- An intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, or an application support role
- Able to demonstrate capabilities in at least one high level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#) and one scripting language
- Capable of learning quickly, with the desire to investigate and resolve issues
- Able to understand complex systems quickly and improve processes proactively
- Comfortable handling multiple stakeholders, with excellent multitasking skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads whilst communicating effectively
Experience or interest in finance is beneficial, but not essential.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply