HR Business Partner - Research
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our expanding team. This unique position will partner with senior leaders, managers and employees across the Research function, which houses some of the most gifted mathematical, machine learning and data science talent from across the globe.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acting as a trusted partner to Research leadership and team managers – coaching and advising on tactical people and organisational matters, approaching challenges thoughtfully and with pragmatism
- Being a link between HR and the Head of Research, the Research Operations Director and other Research leaders to help formulate and execute HR-related projects to support the growth and strategic objectives of the company
- Becoming the go-to HR contact for Research, providing an ‘on the ground’ physical presence and supporting employees on an individual basis
- Solving problems proactively and anticipating challenges based on your knowledge of individuals, teams and business requirements – working with HR colleagues in operations and other functional areas to deliver solutions
- Providing direction and solutions on core HR elements, such as employee relations, performance management and other policy-related queries and requests
- In collaboration with HR colleagues, supporting annual processes such as compensation planning and performance reviews
- Partnering with the Talent Development team to create and implement solutions related to talent development, retention, team building, learning and development, organisational change and design
- Staying abreast of new developments in HR practices and proactively sharing your experience and knowledge with the wider HR team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive and engaged HR professional who brings a positive mind-set, thrives on solving concrete, difficult business problems and is able to adapt quickly to an ever-evolving area of the business.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of HR generalist/HR advisory experience, with working knowledge across HR disciplines – including talent management, employee relations and compensation
- Experience working within a fast-paced research, technical or scientific organisation
- Excellent academics; a 2.1 degree or above from a leading university (a STEM degree is a plus)
- Evidence-based and data-driven approach to problem-solving; thoughtful approach that demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with employees and other stakeholders
- A client-support orientation and mind-set – with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Experience coaching and advising leaders and managers
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to analyse business requirements and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to prioritise and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply