Quant Platform DevOps Engineer
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
You will be responsible for testing, releasing and supporting applications that are core to the company.
This multi-faceted remit involves productionising trading algorithms and verifying that they behave as expected before they trade in the real world. There is a focus on improving and automating these processes.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with researchers, developers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Gather, analyse and run to completion stakeholder requests, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Support the live trading side platform
- Maintain our test environments and monitor test outcomes in order to release upgrades
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform used for running various financial simulations
The role allows for freedom to explore, and present new solutions to our key areas, while constantly ensuring business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation, or an application support role
- Demonstrate capabilities in at least one high level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#) and one scripting language
- Have a strong eye for process improvement and a proven record of accomplishment in automation
- Be able to understand complex systems quickly and to improve processes proactively
- Be capable of handling multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, and be able to prioritise competing workloads
- Have strong communication skills
The following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring, CI/CD, grid computing and Kubernetes deployment
- Experience or interest in finance
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply